Job Opportunity: Deputy Register for Presque lsle County Probate Court / 53rd Circuit Court – Family Division
Job opportunity for a full-time Deputy Register for Presque lsle County Probate Court / 53rd Circuit Court – Family Division. The rate of pay and fringe benefits will be determined by employment. Applicants are subjected to a pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check.
Applicants may submit a resume with a cover letter to the Presque lsle County Probate Court
Office, P.O. Box 110, Rogers City, Ml 49779 no later than July 28, 2023.
PRESQUE ISLE COUNTY PROBATE COURT 53rd CIRCUIT COURT-FAMILY DIVISION
JOB DESCRIPTION: PROBATE / JUVENILE DEPUTY REGISTER
Under the general direction of the Presque Isle County Probate Court Judge as well as the Probate Register. Assumes responsibility for the performance of non-judicial acts required of the probate court and family division.
Essential Job Functions:
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. These examples do not include all of the duties, which the employee may be expected to perform. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Participates in the intake, review, and filing of legal documents for Probate Court and 53rd Circuit Court-Family Division. Reviews files prior to court proceedings to ensure proper noticing, documents are in proper chronological order, all orders and forms are properly completed, trial and hearing dates are properly set, and the file is prepared for court action.
- Serves as clerk to the Judge, maintains working files, and takes and transcribes dictation of correspondence, opinions, and other materials.
- Assigns cases, prepares and mails notifications, and prepares dockets. Responds to telephone calls on all areas of Probate Court and Family Division-related matters.
- Assists in scheduling and clerking hearings, interpreting the courtroom instructions of the Judge, and helps determine and review the necessary orders to be prepared or other follow-up action, for each court.
- Enters financial reimbursement orders and receipts in payments. Prepares weekly and monthly transmittals, deposits money with the County Treasurer, and prepares vouchers for payment to the State of Michigan.
- May serve as a court recorder, adhering to rules set forth by the Michigan Supreme Court Reporting/Recording Board of Review. Transcribes transcripts when requested.
- Assumes assigned duties of Probate Register in the absence of the incumbent.
- Performs other duties as directed.