Job Opportunity: Head Custodian/Maintenance Personnel
Presque Isle County has an opening for a full-time Maintenance Supervisor. Applicants are subject to a background check prior to employment. Wages and fringe benefits will be determined by the Board of Commissioners.
Applicants should have a working knowledge of general maintenance and ground operations and budgetary skills. Any questions, please call 989.734.3288. Presque Isle County is an Equal Employment Opportunity provider.
Applications shall be submitted by Friday, June 18, 2021, at 4:00 pm by way of applying in person, US mail, or email to:
Presque Isle County Clerk
P.O. Box 110
Rogers City, Michigan, 49779
Head Custodian/Maintenance Personnel Job Description
- Working knowledge of general maintenance operations including but not limited to electrical, plumbing, building operations, grounds keeping, and general carpentry.
- General good health.
- Able to communicate with management.
- Maintenance Budgetary Skills
This is a full time ( 40 hours per week ) position appointed by the County Board of Commissioners, responsible to the Building and Grounds Committee with general guidelines established by the County Board of Commissioners. This position involves responsibility for the maintenance and long range maintenance planning of the facilities owned by Presque Isle County.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance functions on the facilities whether done by self or other personnel of the maintenance/custodial staff.
- On-call ( day or night ) in case of an emergency involving the facilities of the County.
- Submits an annual report of suggested maintenance projects for discussion with the Buildings and Grounds Committee prior to budget preparation.
- Responsible for submitting time schedules for preventative maintenance and meet these schedules within the parameters of the Building and Grounds Committee’s direction.
- In charge of new and renovation projects to be sure that completion is within the approved plan schedule.
- Assist the Budget and Finance Committee and Building and Grounds Committee in establishing the best utilization of repair and maintenance funds.
- Have knowledge of the duties and functions of all maintenance/custodial staff and be able to fill in for them as needed.
- Other as directed by the County Board of Commissioners and the Building and Grounds Committee.